By the Numbers
I narrow down my specialties to four main areas: Customer Service, Web Design, Web Development, and WordPress. I split my individual learning and client time on these tasks to further my progress as a developer, and believe they will be highly valuable for your project.↓
A Little About Me
My name is Josh Dunn and I can't thank you enough for visiting my website. I graduated from the University of South Alabama in May 2015 with a Bachelor's of Science in Information Systems. When I wasn't gaming or working, I'd spend the majority of my free time dabbling in web development. I did a little work with HTML and CSS before I found out about Content Management Systems. I sat down in front of my first Joomla site and was amazed at the difference a CMS made. I eventually made the switch from Joomla to WordPress and I haven't looked back. I've spent time on a wide variety of different projects over the past three years within industries such as: e-commerce, political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and more. I love WordPress and can't really imagine the Internet without it. This is why I would be a good fit for your project.
What Can I Do?
I've separated my skills into five categories.
What Is Support To Me?
Putting the customer first.
My 4-Step Support Action Plan
This is something I have developed over the years.
The Hot Seat
Here's your chance to pick my brain.
The most memorable customer support experiences are when the support rep remembers my name and/or the previous issues he or she has helped me with. It’s nice to have more of a personal connection with the support rep instead of just answering a few questions and then being sent a survey.
I think my proudest achievement would be getting a job at Blizzard Entertainment before I graduated college. When it comes to the video game industry, Blizzard is one of the top companies that every video game aficionado wants to work for. This was especially true for me since I’ve played their games for the past 16 years. I worked tirelessly on my resume and catered my skills to fulfill the job requirements before stepping my foot in the door.
Being 24 years of age with no kids allows for a lot flexibility. I enjoy burning the midnight oil but also enjoy a nice cup of coffee as the sun begins to rise. Working on the weekends and/or holidays is something that I understand is necessary in this line of work and am willing to do whenever needed.
I've been busy over the past two years.
Webskey is an online digital consulting agency for businesses and individuals.
Jan 2016-Nov 2016
251Now was an online marketing platform for local creatives and businesses.
May 2015-Dec 2015
Associate Desktop Technician BIIS, Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
Blizzard Entertainment is a video game development company located in Irvine, California.
Web design and development services for clients
• Design and build WordPress websites using WordPress.com and WordPress.org
• Talk with clients via a Go Wide Go Deep meeting to understand the project
• Provide maintenance via ManageWP and monthly care plans
• Train clients on WordPress topics ranging from beginner to advanced
Managed services provider for individuals and small businesses
• Provide hardware support using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
• Provide software support for Windows and MacOS via TeamViewer
• Train clients on topics such as MS Office suite, File Explorer, and Email setup
• Track and resolve tickets using Help Scout
Inbound marketing services for clients
• Implement product/sales funnels using WordPress and Beaver Builder
• Setup and implement email marketing campaigns using ActiveCampaign
• Train clients on using Google Analytics, ActiveCampaign, and Buffer
• Utilize Facebook Ads to build audience interaction and increase conversion
Built and maintained a media heavy site for 251Now using WordPress
• Used Divi to build the overall layout and structure of the website
• Configured WordPress Engine's LargeFS to store and transfer data
• Setup an e-commerce store for digital and physical goods using WooCommerce
• Implemented an affiliate system using AffiliateWP
Built and maintained online profiles for ~120 affiliates (clients)
• Collected content such as biography, links, media, and more via Gravity Forms
• Utilized Divi's 'Project' function to give each affiliate his or her own page and link
• Optimized affiliate content with WP Smush and Kraken.io
• Designed each profile to be "mobile first"
Built and maintained a blog for regular content updates
• Utilized WordPress' built-in blog features
• Setup and curated a content schedule
• Proofread affiliate submitted content before adding it to the blog
• Protected our blog from spam using Aksimet
Desktop support lead for 2nd floor at Blizzcon 2016
The 2nd floor consisted of executives, media personnel, and a demo room
• Maintained around 60 computers for demo purposes and interviews
• Performed walkthroughs every 30 minutes to check on each station
• Worked with quality assurance to further troubleshoot issues
Assistant lead for World of Warcraft team computer upgrades
~ 250-person computer upgrades for WoW team members and executives
• Built, imaged, and deployed hardware for each machine
• Performed each team member’s upgrade to accommodate his or her schedule
• Executed routine follow-ups and checks after each upgrade
• Managed a master list of software and hardware needs
Troubleshooting and repairs for company hardware
Ticketing software managing a total of 11 buildings (~4,000 computers)
• Managed a quick turn over rate per ticket
• Communicated with each user in regard to his or her ticket status
• Educated the user on the problem and how it was fixed
• Provided support for Windows, iOS, and OS X